Sunday, October 17, 2010
Brent Johnson has been solid throughout all three of his starts this year and is looking to earn some more time between the pipes this year for the Penguins.
Some notes from the last two games (vs NYI and vs Philly):
- The defense has really stepped up in the absence of Michalek and Orpik, the teams two most defensively sound d-men. Particularly Ben Lovejoy and Deryk Engelland. They both look like NHL ready players. Besides being defensively solid, Lovejoy doesn't miss an opportunity to throw pucks towards the net and Engelland looks tough. Following his fight against Colton Orr, Engelland has looked more confident with and without the puck and has been making hits and playing great defense.
- Kris Letang - After a less than enviable start to the season, especially in his own end, Letang has recovered nicely in the last two games. The CLEAN hit that he laid on Comeau, along with a superior defensive effort against the Flyers, breaking up multiple odd-man rushes and scoring chances, makes me believe that he's really starting to hit a good groove.
- How good is Gogo? Wow. This is very similar to the start he had last season, but he's playing pretty well defensively this time to back up his outstanding offensive play.
- Comrie has failed to impress me throughout the regular season, after an extremely impressive preaseason.
- Mark Letestu has been the most impressive forward through 6 games this season and I don't see him going anywhere for a while, if he keeps up this play. The Front Office will have a tough choice to make when Jordan Staal returns.
- Good to see Crosby and Malkin get going a little bit. They are the engine of this team, the team goes as they do.
- DiPietro and Comeau deserve oscars after their performance the other night. Comeau's hands were the first thing to hit the ice, his head never came close and he still curled up and bought a 5-min major. Despicable. DiPietro fell everytime a strong wind came through and the refs kept buying it, because he did it anytime Matt Cooke, who reputation bought him those penalties, was near.
- Crosby Sucks. Right Philly? Which is why not a single player on your team, can boast half the accomplishments that Sid has had in 5 years. So if Crosby sucks, what does that say about your team?
- If Mike Richards is Leadership, then Leadership is a joke in Philly. Its hard for Crosby to make it up to the press box to fight Carcillo!
The site has been having some problems recently, but there should be a post of pics/video from the Isles game coming soon.
Posted by Nick at 12:21 PM